Friday, April 20, 2012

39w5d... its time to get serious

boy oh boy... my boy loves it in there! has anyone told you that you have a crummy uterus? well, my doctor told me i did... but i have little baby laken inside of it who most likely begs a differ.

here is the scoop... 24 hours stands in between me and my due date.

whats up doc? well, my doctor told me on tuesday that i have a crummy uterus that doesn't want to dilate. He asked me to come in on Friday to get an ultrasound, (today - which i did) to see if the baby is weighing too big. He isn't. He is a normal sized bubkens coming in at seven pounds twelve ounces. However with my uterus being a jerk and not wanting to dilate brings into question a cesarian. :( I've went throughout the whole pregnancy with nothing wrong except for swollen feet the past month... now I am faced with the 50% chance of a c-section! KILL ME NOW!! (please don't). They're just worried that if they induce that there is a chance that I will not dilate enough to have my monster baby.

I nearly cried when i was talking to my nurse practitioner today about the possibilities... just because i reminded her how i don't have a partner and it will be difficult. Her, being the sweetheart that she is said.. it will be more of a challenge, but you can get through it and you will. A little reassurance really does help (anyone who is in need!).

My cousin tiffany described birth this way... "Its like you're on a roller-coaster and its going up that first big hill and you want out, but you know you're not going out the way you came." I loved how she put that, but I just didn't know my roller-coaster ride might be a little bit more scary.

Tomorrow I will be in my nikes walking as much as I possibly can. I haven't at all been the impatient pregnant person that is just dying to get their baby out, but if it keeps me from cutting open my skin (which a women who has had a c-section before said... "you can smell the smell of burning flesh when you're cutting you open." NO THANK YOU) then I'll do it!! They already know about my swollen feet, and they don't see it as a problem. Walking buddies anyone??

Since my original plan for Sunday was to give birth to my child and it doesn't seem like that will be the case (being I am scheduled for another drs appointment on tuesday)... I will have to make new Earth Day plans to keep my mind off of it. I have a idea... stay tuned.

But for now... any remedies to start labor?

12 comments:

  1. Hey due date twin - I feel you! I've had "false labor" for three days now. As far as kick-starting things, we've been walking curbs (walk along one side with one foot on the curb and one in the road - then switch sides), eating spicy foods, and labor hypnosis. But...it's not like it's really helping!

    As far as dilation, etc. - I've been talking Evening Primrose capsules for a few weeks, which is supposed to thin your cervix. I've also been bouncing on my birthing ball.

    But again...I'm still pregnant so take it all with a grain of salt. These suckers do whatever they want! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have been bouncing on a yoga ball, walking, eating spicy food... nothing is helping me either.
      someone even said to drink oregano.... that was like drinking a pizza. still no baby!! its depressing! yes... they are gonna do whatever they want!

      Delete
  2. I'm thinking happy thoughts for you!!! Move, move, move, to get things going. I did a lot of bouncing on the birthing ball too :) I think it helps.

    Pretty soon you'll be holding him in your arms :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you katie!! no baby yet. so keep thinking 'em!! :)

      Delete
  3. I don't have any labor starting tips for you- I've had two c-sections.

    But I will say this regarding my births. I have never smelled burning flesh. Neither time- :) I've had one not so amazing c-section (due to hours and hours of labor and finally having the c/s done) and one really great one.

    If you don't dilate and you have to have a c-section, it doesn't mean you are any less of a woman than someone who pushes that baby out their va-jay-jay!
    It's abdominal surgery! There is nothing little about it! But it will be okay-

    Good Luck and I hope that boys gets here soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you kate! :) i need words of encouragement like that. especially before i go find out the verdict today! And thank you so much about you mentioning me on your blog!! super cool!! :) <3

      Delete
  4. Now, I've never had a baby. Yet I've held hundreds. So clearly i have no advice. Now, I had no idea you existed until about 5 minutes ago, Beth introduced me to your world, and your heart, and the little one that has one beating inside of your little crummy uterus:) I am sure it's been the perfect haven for him! :)

    Best of luck and wishes for you and the little man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep your eye on the prize... laken. Forward thinking does a lot. So does a yoga ball. I sent one your way with my mom. Go get it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica- If you are not off having that sweet boy- Go check out my blog. I have something there for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping your labor has started!! just found your blog today ;) I'm 19 week along...gonna be in your place soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. congratulations on your pregnancy. you're in for a journey! :)

      Delete