Saturday, April 14, 2012

Ultimate Blog Party

hello all -
just wanted to let you know that 5minutesformom is having a Universal Blog Party, and this is my RSVP! I would be crazy not to jump on this opportunity. i have friends that read my blog and always make their comments on the links posted to my facebook, but they're not "followers" of my blog and can't have much more interaction with it, and I think this is the perfect opportunity to reach out to others!

Here is a little bit about me to those of you who have stopped by. THANK YOU BY THE WAY! :)



1. i am a single mother-to-be from the day i found out i was pregnant!
2. becoming pregnant has pushed me into gear towards being self respecting (that was sort of a tough one for me), financially stable, stronger in faith, and someone i am finally proud of.
3. i am a former graphic design art student who is obsessed with interior design and loves keeping my hands busy! (i have a do it myself section "d.i.myself")
4. i am currently living in my small hometown, and missing my former home the little big city of austin.
5. i want to show other single women that it is ok to be single and not have to cling onto what you think you're suppose to have. there is a bigger plan for you!
6. the most exciting part of all of this is... i will most likely have my baby right when the "official party" is over!

about my blog:
my blog is newer than the little guy inside me... or well i guess he isn't little anymore... i'm due in ONE WEEK!
i plan to keep up with features i have started and i will create more along the way. so far these are my future plans for this blog:

I have a feature i posted a couple weeks ago 25 things i want to do before 25. i have a little less than a year to complete everything, and you bet your bottom dollar i will!

i plan on being holiday heavy! everyone loves holidays, and i want my son to be one of those enthusiasts!

do. it. myself section where i will post projects that i have seen on the internet and have tried myself. who knows maybe i'll make up my own projects!

since my pregnancy is coming to any end, but laken is coming.. i will definitely be talking about raising my baby! from everything that works for me, things he loves, and the ups and downs to parenting!

i have a witty sense of humor when it comes to life's little messes, and i'm always trying to give encouraging words to those who need to hear it!

come stay a while, and don't be afraid to follow!! :)

leave a comment inviting me to your blog! i'd love to make new friends!

9 comments:

  1. Love the mustache pic and the yellow sheets are fabulous. I love that you are embracing your role as a single mom. Your little dude is lucky to have you.

    I'm over at CleverCompass.com and will have a linky that goes live at 12:01. Come over and link up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is so cute! I love that mustache picture... plus your bedding is awesome :) Congrats on being due in one week! I'm due in 10 weeks. I'm jealous!

    New Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from the # UBP12 Following and adding you to my Social Media Sites! Please visit @ http://www.mommiesadbeyond.com !
    Congratulation on your wee one! What a cute name you have chosen. I wish you the best of luck in your parenting journey. What joy you will be blessed with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Jessica, what a blessing for me to have the privilege of visiting your blog. So glad that you found me. I will be catching up on your posts and following your adventure from here forward. So looking forward to getting to know you. XO Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute picture and I loved learning more about you! Can't wait to see pics of your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! A baby will be here so soon! Congrats! :) I found you on the UBP and I look forward to getting to know you and seeing your little one grow! I have 2 boys and a team green baby on the way, due in September! Motherhood has been the best part of my life and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Feel free to stop by and say hi if you get a chance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your little one! I found you through the party and I'm excited to start following along! Stop by when your not busy with your precious lil one and say hello! Can't wait to see pics, I'm obsessed with babies lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am a new follower from the party i hope you'll check out my blog follow and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The UBP is a highlight of my blogging year, and I'm so glad that you've linked up this year!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
    I look forward to getting to know you better in the months to come.
    - Ashley Pichea

    ReplyDelete