Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pregnancy Must Haves

So I am sure if you have been on pintrest you have seen "Little Baby Garvin's" popular blog about the chalkboard tutorial. It so happens that the girl writing the blog has been expecting, well she recently had her baby. My friend Tori asked me if i had read it lately.. I hadn't read it ever! She told me i should because its actually pretty funny. So i skimmed through and read things here and there while it work today. She has a blog about her Pregnancy Must Haves... and I just had to do one of my own! So here is Mine:


Oil Blot Sheets and Aveeno Positively Ageless: Your skin changes while you’re pregnant. Mine started out to be the best skin I had ever had, I even considered to be a face model, until the middle when the double chin kicked in as well as the acne and the oil! I know the Oil Blot sheets are so junior high, and you might feel that way when you’re caught blotting your face in through the tint-less windows of your 2003 corolla, but you will still love the results. The Aveeno Positively Ageless isn’t harsh on your skin, has a light scent, and leaves your face feeling clean and refreshed without feeling torn up by a harsh face wash.
Water Tumbler: Definitely will have to agree with Jessica Garvin with the tumblers! I have religiously been a water tumbler user since I have become pregnant! I used to use the water canteens, but once I started to realize that they were hard to clean and I was drinking out of one with mildew at the bottom I was relieved to find out how much I love tumblers! They don’t sweat and they keep your beverage (water) cold! I have one for the office, one for trips, and one for at home. I even bought one for the girl that works with me… I couldn’t be the only one saving the planet and looking cute at the water jug!
Burt’s Bees Mama Bee: I had stretch marks on my tummy before I was even pregnant. I figured, wow, I can say that I have them for a reason now! I was going to go through the whole thing with just the pump lotion by my bed. (I think I had St. Ives) I started getting the belly itch and decided that it was time to get something for Mama. I love that Burt’s Bees is natural and eco-friendly. This belly balm is fragrance free which is great for all us stuffy-itchy-nose Mommas to be! It also locks in a moister all day. Seriously, last night before I was going to put on my nightly rub I felt my stomach and wasn’t sure if I had put some on already or not because my skin still felt great from my morning application!
Fiber One/Breakfast on the Go: These were a life saver throughout my entire pregnancy. I was too sick to eat my first trimester and these little treats would hit the spot when I felt like I would pass out. They still live up to their prestige title I’ve given them. They’re GREAT for giving you that extra burst of energy to last you to your next small meal, or to get your day started if you’re not a huge breakfast person like myself.
Mrs. Meyer’s dish washing soap: I am not big on house work, and definitely not now when sometimes me feet and hands feel like they have been beaten with sticks! I have started to buy things that I like to make jobs easier or a little more enjoyable. If you like the stuff you’re using, I think that you’ll be more “excited” to use it. I love my lavender scented dish soap… it makes the whole house smell great when I am done, and I love it! But please, don’t think that I will come over to your house and do your dishes, count me out!
“Element: Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga” DVD: I am not a huge work out person, but I do have my spurts of energy from time to time. I am never consistent, but when I notice how inactive I have been I’ll start moving! I love this DVD because it helps you work up a mild sweat, while strengthening your muscles, and helping you not feel like the lump you think you look like. I am not consistent on this, but at least once a week before I take my shower for bed. I haven’t checked out the postnatal section yet, but I plan on starting it after 6 weeks of birth.

Body Pillows: I have two. My dad was sick and my G-Ma sent him a really nice one, but he is the kind of guy that uses 4 pillows to sleep with and with my expanding self I thought I should steal it. I LOVE MY PILLOW!! I loved it so much, my mom gave me another one so that I could give my dad back his, but my dad wouldn’t take it back which was fine with me because I didn’t want to give it back! I sleep between two and make a hotdog. They’re great for giving your tummy support and not letting yourself roll on your tummy and also give you the incentive to not lay on your back (which is a pregnancy no-no).
TUMS: These are basically like snacks! I get heartburn/reflux all of the time, and these little bad boys do the trick. However, when I first started taking them they wouldn’t. I learned you’re not supposed to drink water with them because that just helps keep the reflux-a-fluxing!
Online Shopping: When you work full time, and shopping places are either far away or fighting with traffic and crowds isn’t appealing and when you have a ton of preparing to do on your plate… shopping is on your list, yes, but definitely not something you want to jump right on. I have found that online shopping has really saved me tons of stress. Couple clicks, a few keys pressed and then you just wait for whatever it is. Total life saver!
Last but not Least…
Baby 411: Probably the best book I have read for preparing for pregnancy. It is written by a pediatrician from Austin. She gives the facts, pro & cons, and her professional opinion and opinions for other mothers. She lays everything out there so that you will feel comfortable with making the right choice for your baby. Its very up-to –date, and will definitely be my go-to book when Laken is here. To me it works like his user-manual. Its great! I highly recommend it, as it was recommended to me by my cousin Tiffany, who just delivered her first baby a couple weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment