Monday, May 14, 2012

currently

mothers day was yesterday, and i took the liberty of staying in my PJs all day! despite seeing the whole side of the rogers family and everyone dressed up. i also allowed everyone to hold Laken and give me a break. I received the BEST gift ever! my mother and laken got me a photobook that documented my pregnancy using pictures that i took and posted on facebook. it was just a reflection of all my hard work i have done for Laken and I. i literately choked up, it was embarrassing. i almost threw up.

anyhow, i haven't done a "currently" in a while, most likely due to having a baby! (the best baby, ever!)




for the past couple days i have just been busting out luke bryan's "drunk on you" ...i like to sing it to laken. well only the part that goes, "you make my speakers go boom boom!" ha. i got the cd for mothers day yesterday from my awesome brother marty farty. :) i have also been really wanting to go to a concert, any genre really. just wanna listen to some music! (of a band i like, of course)


i have been reading Lisa Bevere's Nurture. its great. it talks about the relationships between women and how we can support one another and build relationships. i have been using it sort of as a bible study in a way as well. i am also reading tina fey's bossy pants. i know the books are complete opposite, but i wanted something funny to read, and let me just say that book is hilarious already. i have read only a couple chapters, but i have to put my kindle down just to soak things in and let a good laugh out. tina fey is a hilariously sarcastic women. recommend this book and the other as well.


this new love i've experienced with my brand new baby boy. of course today if he'd just sleep for more than an hour at a time i would appreciate it. i want to get a good nap in, but i guess this is like the initiation into motherhood. but i love him so much. i think i love him so much i am spoiling him, and i need to stop!!


i don't want to elaborate on this, but i am thinking about what it means to men about being a father. and you can take that however you'd like to.


a cute summer blazer to wear with my dresses. i am on the look out, and want one really bad. i pretty much just have maternity clothes or clothes that are for work, and neither of those are for summer or going out places. i need new clothes or functional pieces to help the wardrobe i have already.


that my maternity leave was a paid one. :p and that there was more time in the day.

enjoy your monday!! -- if that is at all possible... just call it a funday monday and it might change it up a bit. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to start calling Monday, Funday Monday :) I am getting so excited for trading in my maternity clothes for regular clothes!!! I'm probably going to be hitting up Plato's closet after the baby is born... it's cheap :)

    ReplyDelete