Thursday, May 10, 2012

2 weeks and counting

my handsome man is two weeks ALREADY!! my little monkey, turtle, e.t. baby boy. I love him so much.

A few things I've picked up on:

You know how little ones need "white noise" to go to sleep, my new white noise is the sound of Laken breathing. Its very scary going to sleep when he is sleeping. It is something I'm getting used to.

The baby swing is a currency for time for yourself. I am barely learning that it is ok to put the baby down!

If someone is going to give you 15 minutes to get ready... jump in the shower!

Grab and go snacks are your friend and pretty much the only way that you'll eat.

People who have kids around the ages of 3-6 will tear up when holding your newborn, I think they miss their baby being that young.

When you don't have a partner, you're less likely to complain about 4 nightly feedings... who else is gonna do it if it isn't you.

Grab as many hand me down newborn onesies from friends... they'll go through 'em with bodily fluids and spit up.

swaddle/receiving blankets are your best friends (as well as burp clothes - self explanatory). Laken wakes himself up by the swinging of his arms.

anyhow, I hope everyone enjoys their thursday. I am going to my dear friend Valerie's house tonight for dinner and then after Laken is going to spend a couple hours with Nana while I go have a drink! I hope I don't chicken out and just come home with Laken, but its always a possibility - I'm already feeling separation anxiety.

3 comments:

  1. He is just beautiful :) I agree with everything you said. The baby swing is a lifesaver. Good for you for getting out! I'm sure you'll think about Laken the whole time, but it will be good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i read this last night when i WAS out.. and i was thinking, yep! thats the only thing i am thinking about. ha. checking my blog about him looking at the picture on my phone. i enjoyed my night, but overall i wanted to get back to my little guy.

      Delete
  2. Those pictures are freakin' presh! <3

    ReplyDelete