Sunday, December 18, 2011

Nana's 50th Birthday Party

I decided instead of dwelling on shambles of things not worth saving... I need to focus on more positive things and keep my hands busy. One of the first things I got my hands on was my Mother's 50th Birthday. Invitations, Menu, & some help was in order. My sister handled most of the food, while I did my best to do the decor and Invitations. My mother even got a little involved in organizing the Spa packages.. oops. :) It turned out to be successful. It was nice to do something for my mother.
I had to consider the location, which was at my tiny little place. I made it just a handful of girls. I decided to use my dinning room table, bring it into the living space. Since my chairs are green I had to consider using colors that would mix well. I chose solid colors of Pink and Purple. I wanted to make it a little ritzy, because my mom loves the Real Housewives, but i wanted to keep it down to earth, so I used burlap... I mean, how expensive and ritzy can you make plastic place and utensils? I think it turned out adorable for the money I had to spend and the amount of time. I couldn't of pulled it off without Laina. Especially her helping me make the Pom Poms and getting up on that ladder. Also, food, this pregnancy and I weren't getting along so well at the time. Life saver she was! The only downside to the whole entire party was that Laina left back to San Antonio right after we returned from the spa and I had pink and purple Pom Poms in my house for the rest of November!! and a little bit of December!! (that and the massage was horrible... who gives a deep tissue massage to a pregnant women asking for a prenatal massage?!)





No comments:

Post a Comment