Thursday, February 27, 2014

picture perfect

I love the blog world, don't get me wrong. Its great to escape and read other people's adventures and look at their beautiful pictures. It has driven me to try and take pretty pictures for my blog. It has also prevented me from posting all together.

As a designer... I am always trying to make things more appealing to the eye. In reality, life is messy. I look at all these mother blogs and they posts pictures where they are dressed to the nines and their kids are stain free. What a crock.



I'll admit... the first year of my son's life I did have a wipey in hand to clean his face if anything touched it. Well... things change. Yesterday, with his new hair cut and caked on dirt from the run of the day on his face I wasn't sure if he was even my kid. The fact that he was reaching for me to pick him up saying "mommy, mommy" and that he was the only other kid (yet alone person) in my house gave it away.

We are living in the day and age where pictures are only worth about 10 words. "I don't like the way that looks, take another one." Pinterst - so addicting - has destroyed us all. We feed on that eye candy! There is a photoshoot for everything, and everyone is a photographer these days. If you've got a blanket and a camera phone... photographer!

I see mothers-to-be pinning away looks they will try to achieve. They'll reach them, but once the little one is here it won't be so pinterest pretty!

I am not against professional photographs. I have freelanced photography and I appreciate the opportunities to capture beautiful moment's for others. I just want other people to feel ok with things not being so "picture perfect!"


Laken with baby powder all over him and the room.


I mean... this morning I had to do the nose sniff test around the kitchen and dinning room to see where the bad smell was coming from. (It turned out to be the table that was wiped down with a dirty rag). I had to spank laken from eating out of the trash can. I also had to explain to him that we don't eat the soap water off the floor of the shower. That was all today before lunch!

I'm not criticizing the mothers online that look like they've got it all together. If they do... good for those superwomen, but I am not gonna freak out that I don't.

We all will hope to capture that picture perfect moment that may land us on pintrest with a bunch of repins, but I think the best picture perfect moment is the messy ones worth a thousand words!

Now, I'm off to go scrap the dried up cookie mush from the backseat of the car that has been there for weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment